4/1/11

Real Life

One thing I love about photography is being able to capture the every-day moments of life. Sure, it's great to have that family portrait in a beautiful field of green grass where you're all looking directly at the camera and even your most challenging child is smiling angelically. But some day you'll look back on that picture and think, "Who IS that perfect-looking, well-dressed family?" Although I do love to take pictures of happy, smiling, perfect-looking families, I also love to capture the moments when perhaps your child is not on her best behavior. These are the faces you'll remember - the expressions you see often and have learned to love simply because they belong to a child you love. My own little angel gave me one of those faces today, and I know that 20 years from now I'll still love this picture...

IMG_6502 web resize

Then 30 seconds later she was ready to give me this expression. This is real life, and I want to savor every minute of it - every pouty, grumpy, smiley, silly, and beautiful expression of it...

IMG_6519 web resize

No comments:

Post a Comment