11/13/11

Is "Encourager" a Word?

I love what I do, and here's one of the many reasons why: We've met so many amazing people in the 7 1/2 years we've lived in Nashville, but life is busy for all of us. Taking pictures of some of my favorite people is a great excuse to spend time together. This is a friend I've known for many years now.  The best word I can use to describe her is "encourager." (My spell check highlighted that - is it not a word? If it's not, it should be.) She has the gift of encouragement probably more than anyone I know - always knowing the right words to say during a difficult time, always there to give support when it's needed and praise when it's deserved, and always ready with words of wisdom for nearly every struggle known to moms. How I love the way her brain works! We used to be in Bible study small groups together, but for the past year I haven't gotten to see her nearly often enough. This weekend we got to spend a whole afternoon together, just her and me, and her husband, and her 3 kids. Good old fashioned quality time. These kids are so much fun - from the sweet, responsible first-born to the free-spirited middle child to the adorable youngest who is quite a charmer. All full of personality and beautiful smiles.

merged bench web

IMG_0460 web

IMG_0772 web

IMG_0663 web

The hardest part about taking pictures of this middle child is narrowing down which pictures to keep. She has so many expressions, so much personality bubbling out of that tiny body!

IMG_0703 web

IMG_0627 web

merged web

It's so fun to see siblings who actually like each other...

IMG_0624 web

And parents who like each other too. I'm pretty sure these two still like each other a lot...

IMG_0921 web

IMG_0732 web

IMG_1079 web


Fun afternoon with a fun family!

No comments:

Post a Comment