11/6/11

Living Real Life

Some families are just extra special. Sometimes you can't quite identify what it is that makes them so special; other times you can. I can tell you exactly what's so great about this family: They are real. Real people, living real life, no pretense, no pretending. You can show up unexpectedly at their house, and she will not be embarrassed if her house is not perfectly clean (because really, whose house is perfectly clean all the time?). At first glance, you may think this woman is Super Mom. Four beautiful, smart, well-behaved, home-schooled children who are also involved in sports, music, theater, and art. She cooks (very well!), she home-schools, she writes church curriculum, and still manages to look beautiful all the time. Plus her husband is awesome and hilarious, or at least that's what he tells me :) But what I love most about her and her family is that she will be the first to tell you that she doesn't always have it all together. Life is a beautiful, challenging, frustrating, and joyful struggle with 4 kids. I love that she shares her struggles with me. I've been so encouraged through the many years that I've known this family, just by watching them live life authentically and honestly. She has been one of my greatest sources of parenting wisdom (because her #2 daughter and my #1 daughter are 2 little peas in a pod), and they as a family have been great role models for my family. They are fun, they are wise, they are joyful, they are honest, and they are real. And did I mention beautiful??

We decided to do this session on the Vanderbilt campus because that's where they both went to school. It was my first time taking pictures there, and I think I may be hooked now. Such a perfect day, beautiful campus, amazing family...

IMG_9405 web

IMG_9727 web

IMG_9550 web

I wish I had an 11-year old boy who could grow up and marry this girl...

IMG_9761 web

Or this girl...

IMG_9767 web

IMG_9721 web

I do have a 5-year old girl who just might marry this boy...

IMG_9774 web

And their newest little addition, could she be any cuter?

IMG_9752 web

IMG_9508 web

The kids wanted to pose themselves for this next picture. They are so funny...

IMG_9590 BW web

One final shot - this is real life :)

IMG_9520 web

No comments:

Post a Comment